Tuesday 26 January 2016

My South Island road-trip begins!

Wednesday the 27th of January 2016

So it's time to put my plan into action! :) I leave unnecessary stuff with Alice and take extra plasters after gashing my foot on a floor strip the previous day. I take my pack on my back off we head to the skybus. 


The skybus is an excellent name as all I look at, while in it, is the sky.




One of the great things about travelling is the excitement that quivers in the tummy when about to go to a new place to explore :) The spirit of adventure! :)

The domestic section of the airport has a very friendly and almost home feel to it.



I am peckish so I nip into the first shop and see these: 




The selection and notation of the food here is amazing. They seem to focus on healthy and tastey and everything I have eaten in New Zealand so far has been delicious :) 

I had misjudged the weather. Everyday so far has been hot. I am now kinda cold in the airport and most of those around me are clad in jeans and jumpers. I pretend I am fine but I think my goosebumps betray me. I am glad I packed a jumper and jeans, even if I will have to wait a few hours to get to them. 

My flight is delayed and so people chill at the gate. New Zealanders seem like such a happy and relaxed people :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment