Tuesday 23 February 2016

Saturday - A problem shared...

Today woke up, got up before breakfast and readied myself and got down to the beach 5mins before breakfast after telling Lauren that breakfast was happening soon. After arriving at the beach it turns out that my clock was fast and it was 7am so I'd woken Lauren an hour early....oops! Still I sat with Chad, Brook and Grant with coffee and chatted while the sun came up over the ocean. 

It was going to be a chill morning so after this we had breakfast which was a delicious mix of beans and eggs with fruit. Then they suggested yoga so in my demon shorts and green shirt off I went to yoga! It was beautiful as I followed along yoga with Grant on a big stage with fricking giant ants. 

Grant was amazing! His yoga was gentle, strong, powerful and insightful. He encouraged and inspired us all to think while we moved which moved us to do better yoga! 

After yoga I was dirty and sweaty and chilled and all I wanted to do was to get clean and to mentally relax. 

I went for a shower and it was glorious. Even the pipe filled with mozzies didn't make the shower less glorious in this hot and humid weather. 

I eyed up a particularly persistent mozzie and stared it down! 

Clean and fresh feeling I headed over for some chill time and ended up chatting to people for a good while.

Lunch was served which, as always, was deliciously healthy but possibly insufficient in calories. After dinner I grabbed a coffee and me and Mary went to the beach and sat on a tree trunk chatting about life, experience and our plans, hopes and fears. Mary is a bright, sweet, kind and funny young woman who is bravely travelling alone like me. Like me she is healing wounds from her past and like me she gets funnier and more confident the more relaxed she feels around you. She is a joy to be around and makes me feel very at ease. 

We chat until it's time to start making chocolate! 

Chocolate - Bean to bar

The chocolate making process is right from the bean and starts with us peeling a whole bunch of cocoa beans. The size of an almost I find a twisting motion removes the outer skin fairly effectively and we break the beans in half to check they are good beans (no green mold). The beans then need to be ground three times. The grinder is not ideally clamped to the kitchen surface and so it rocks about as we try and crank the handle back and forth.

The second run through the grinder is difficult but we manage it eventually with a lot of coaxing and poking. 

And this is where my post ends... I must have become busy and/or distracted. Blogging takes dedication Peta! What are you doing?! 😂








No comments:

Post a Comment